In case you arrive by plane
For the conference attendees coming from overseas we recommend to fly to Paris:
- Arriving at CDG Airport Paris: www.aeroportsdeparis.fr
After arrival at Charles de Gaulle Airport, proceed to the train station (Gare SNCF) located in Charles de Gaulle Terminal 2. Grenoble can be reached from there with one transfer at Lyon Part Deux. Tickets can be purchased in advance through Rail Europe (www.raileurope.com) or at the SNCF ticket office in the Charles de Gaulle train station.
- Airport Paris-Orly:
To get to Gare de Lyon from Paris-Orly, the choices are a taxi or take the city train RER B in the direction of Charles de Gaulle, then transfer to the RER A or D line to get to Gare de Lyon, being careful to pick the right direction.
- Arriving at Airport Lyon-St. Exupéry: airport www.lyon.aerport.fr
This might be a good alternative. In order to get from Lyon-St. Exupéry, please take either a taxi or the airport-shuttle (pls. see below).
- 1 hour drive by car, Taxi costs: approx. 140.00 €, Tel +33 (0)687 97 4790
- Airport shuttle - please use the following link and note that the French word for "shuttle" is "navette" or simply "bus". It starts from 7:30am to 23:59pm from Lyon St Exupery to Grenoble and from 4:00am to 21:00pm from Grenoble to Lyon St Exupery. Would you please also consider that in case you travel via bus or train you would have to underpass the train station to join the Minatec center or a couple of nearby hotels.
If you take the train
- High Speed Train (TGV) Grenoble-Paris 3 hours 7 trains every day (other TGV from Lille, Nantes,...)
- Grenoble Gare SNCF -: Tel : + 33 (0)8 92 35 35 35 (registration) - www.sncf.fr
Arriving at the railroad station in Grenoble
For the Novotel, the hotel Europole and the City Suites, please use the opposite exit at the railroad station. You will reach a big square. The Novotel is on your left; the hotel Europole 100 meter straight ahead and the City Suites 100 meter to the right.
For Hotel Tulip Angleterre Hotel, please use a taxi or take the tram, direction downtown. Get out of the tram at the stop at Victor Hugo station. The hotel faces the big square.