The technical committee will be chaired by Prof. Heyno Garbe, one of Europe’s leading EMC experts. The papers will be reviewed by the Technical Advisory Committee of the IEEE EMC Society. Committee meetings and award presentation of the EMC Society will take place in conjunction with this event. Please find more information on the organizing committee here.
Why come to Dresden?
Dresden, located in the heart of Europe, is the gateway to the emerging markets of Central and Eastern Europe. In addition, Germany is the world’s fifth largest economy. With its unique baroque heritage, notable art treasures, architectural landmarks and charming landscape, a visit to Dresden truly combines business with pleasure.
Some of Dresden’s Highlights:
- The Zwinger Palace: One of the most important baroque buildings that hosts an art museum with famous paintings such as the Sistine Madonna of Raffael
- The Church of our Lady: Dresden’s landmark with its magnificent baroque dome rebuilt between 1992 and 2005
- Royal Palace: An important example of Renaissance architecture in Germany
- New Town District: Dresden’s night life area and home of the alternative cultural scene
- Many other attractive destinations such as Berlin, Prague, Wroclaw, Vienna, and Munich are within a few hours´ drive from Dresden
In addition to its historical and cultural heritage, Dresden and the surrounding area have developed into a major hub for research and development. The presence of hightech companies addressing microelectronics, electromobility, nanotechnology, photovoltaic, and biotechnology make it a very attractive location for a symposium on electromagnetic compatibility.
||The terrace-style International Congress Center Dresden (ICC) benefits from both state of the art design and enviable location. Enjoying a prime spot on the banks of the River Elbe upstream from the neighbouring state parliament, the facility is considered one of Europe’s most modern congress centers. Its various halls and rooms can accommodate up to 6,000 visitors. The host hotel is located just next to the ICC and connected to the convention center by a covered walkway. For more information visit : http://www.dresden-congresscenter.de/en/home|